Posted By: Richard Yates | Posted On:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. While the oven is preheating, spray loaf pan liberally with Baker’s Joy or a nonstick spray with flour.*
- Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, oil, buttermilk, and mashed bananas. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until mixed well. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Test for doneness and when toothpick comes out clean, let the bread cool on wire rack in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Take a butter knife or offset spatula and run it around the edges of the bread. Next, turn the bread out onto a wire rack and let cool completely before slicing.
*Pro Tip: Use a pastry brush to make sure you get the Baker’s Joy in the corners and up the sides of the loaf pan.
- Whole-fat buttermilk is recommended but nonfat buttermilk can be used.
- Jazz up your banana bread by adding 1 cup of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, toasted walnuts or pecans, blueberries, etc.